Tips to jazz up an outdoor space
Achieving a beautiful and vibrant outdoor living area where you can entertain family and friends as well as relax in your own space, need not take a major overhaul. It can be as simple as adding a splash of colour in the form of textiles, or the addition of greenery to create an inviting ambience. Here are a few tips to get the imagination going using functional pieces which will bring pleasure as well.
- Applying colour to the table in the form of a fun tablecloth will automatically set the mood. Layering the tablecloth with a runner of a different texture or contrasting coloured napkins adds another dimension.
- Put some simple fresh flowers or plants in small vessels to bring nature to the table.
- Gather serving platters, trays and dinnerware in contrasting materials to create an eclectic style setting.
- A fruit infused water station in the form of a dispenser or jug will serve as cool refreshing flavoured hydration.
- Hanging or wall planters will add greenery even in the smallest of outdoor spaces.
- Background music to bop along to always helps!
- Lighting in the form of fairy lights or spot lights help to create an inviting ambience.
- Blurring the line between indoor and outdoor living is a tactic – wide open doors with flooring that flows could work with outdoor rugs connecting the indoor and outdoor areas.
- Adding cushions to outdoor seating will create an inviting area for comfort. Wicker chairs with soft cushions are a great for a rustic look, while wooden or metal create a modern feel.
Lorella Pellizzari launched Casetta Living (Italian for ‘Little Home’) in 2016, a boutique homewares and gifts online store that embraces the challenge of creating a beautiful ambience with distinctive pieces that reflect both the innovative design capabilities in Australia, and developing global trends.