Buying Land Cheatsheet
We know the buying land process can seem quite daunting. Here are our top tips to making that process smoother.
Top 5 considerations when buying land:
- Soil type
Questions buyers should ask:
- When can I get title?
- What other communities have you delivered?
- What makes this land unique? Better?
- Is there anything different I should be aware of regarding the sales contract?
- What additional costs should I prepare for, if any?
(Source: Villawood Properties)
Extra direction on orientation:
- North-South (with north-facing backyard) – Most popular orientation. Have outdoor spaces and living areas to the back of the house, bedrooms to the front
- North-South (road frontage to the north) – Must be reconfigured to give you living/private outdoor space towards the front. Consider a U-shaped house that integrates a courtyard and allows north sun into the rear areas
- East-West (with west-facing backyard) – In summer months the western sun can be very hot. Ensure you have adequate shading, and have a courtyard on the north side
- East-West (road frontage to the west) – Consider having spare bedrooms, study or secondary living spaces to the front (because it will get hot in summer), and have outdoor spaces on the north and east side
(Source: Arden Homes)